Because it was too tired... That question and answer would still be accurate if you inserted "heidi" in place of "the bicycle." London is beautiful and great, but I am EXHAUSTED! Seeing as I was too anxious to sleep the night before the trip and couldn't really sleep on the plane, my body is in serious need of slumber (which hopefully I'll be getting soon). The flight went well, and the Atlantic Ocean is very... blue. Turns out there were 7 of us on the flight, and then we ran into 2 more study abroad-ers while waiting for our luggage (which i was SO grateful it didn't get lost), so we all made the trek to find our flats together. We bought our Oyster cards and took the Picadily line to Kensington Station where we got off and walked (forever) to our flats in Hyde Park! After lugging around a very heavy suitcase and still confused with which way to look when crossing the street, it was so nice to see a sign saying "BYU" on the pillar outside our residence. :) After big hugs from Sister Hall and Dr. Staheli I checked in and started unpacking! The rooms are pretty small (especially for 3 girls) and the power is currently out, but other than that it looks fun! Haha. We unpacked a little and then set out on a walk just to get a feel of our surroundings. Sarah, thanks for recommending "The Young Victoria" because Kensignton Palace is like 2 minutes away and I felt cool knowing all about Queen Victoria's life when she was growing up. :) Anyway, we went on a walk and then came back and that's pretty much it! Goodness I can't wait to go to bed! :)
Um... I'm having trouble posting pictures but I'll figure it out and put some up!
9/13/20 Part 2
6 years ago
Oh I am loving this blog already! I love to hear about all the fun details and thank you too Sarah for the Young Victoria movie. That was a fun idea and a sweet movie. I am so happy that you are there with such a great group of people and I know you will have a wonderful time! Happy slumbering! Jet lag is such a pain....but your body will adjust and you will be doing great in a bit. You are such a fun writer and so entertaining even when sleep deprived! :)
ReplyDelete